Tri-State Trails is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, and enthusiastic Communications & Events Manager to start in September 2021. This position is full time. The Communications & Events Manager will work out of the Green Umbrella office in Madisonville and will report to the Tri-State Trails Director.
About Green Umbrella & Tri-State Trails:
Green Umbrella leads collaboration, incubates ideas and catalyzes solutions that create a resilient, sustainable region for all. We envision a vibrant community where sustainability is woven into our ways of life. Our systems-level work has the goal of improving the health of our region’s people, climate and landscape.
Tri-State Trails is an alliance of community advocates advancing a vision to connect and expand our region’s trail and bikeway network. An initiative of Green Umbrella, Tri-State Trails activates cross-sector collaboration to expand access to walkable and bikeable communities to all people. We believe that trails enhance our region’s communities, resulting in healthier people and stronger economies. Our mission is to connect people and places with a regional trails network that enhances vibrancy and equity in our community.
- Craft compelling original content for Tri-State Trails communications channels such as social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), blog, e-newsletter, and others as needed
- Develop and maintain relationships with the media
- Track effectiveness of communications strategy through metrics such as open/click rates, Google analytics, and social media impressions
- Ensure consistent branding for Tri-State Trails through implementation of brand/logo guidelines.
- Maintain Tri-State Trails’ contact database and website
- Event Management
- Manage logistics, promotion, and sponsorship benefit fulfillment for Tri-State Trails’ signature events including Breakfast on the Bridge, Ales for Trails, Annual Meeting/Summit
- Curate engaging speakers and content for quarterly meetings of the Tri-State Trails’ stakeholder network
- Organize, support, and lead group hikes and bike rides (including some evenings and weekends)
- Promote Tri-State Trails by participating in community events (including some evenings and weekends)
Required of Applicants
- Undergraduate degree in communications or related field
- Minimum three years of nonprofit, government, or private sector experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
- Passionate commitment to the missions of Tri-State Trails
- Demonstrated self‐direction and ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Event planning experience
Preferred of Applicants:
- Basic experience using Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- Ability to navigate the region by bike and public transit
- Grant writing experience
- Photography or videography experience
- Experience using contact management database
Description of Salary & Benefits
- Annual salary of $38,000 to $50,000, commensurate with experience
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
- Accrual of twelve (12) vacation days in first year of employment (increases with tenure at organization)
- Accrual of ten (10) sick days annually
- Flex-time policy for overtime or weekend hours
- Health Insurance: 100% of health insurance premium cost for full-time employees is covered by GU (no wait period), 25% of spouse/family health insurance is covered by GU
- Other worksite wellness initiatives as announced
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment by 5:00 PM on August 30, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Address cover letter to Wade Johnston, Director, Tri-State Trails. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so if you are interested in the position, please submit your information as soon as possible.
GREEN UMBRELLA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE. We are committed to making sure our applicant pool is diverse and reserve the right to extend the application period or seek additional candidates if it is not.