Great Outdoor Week
Mark your calendar for this year’s Great Outdoor Week from September 19-27! This year Green Umbrella’s annual outdoor events sampler has been extended from two days to nine days so you can safely visit our region’s best trails, parks, and greenspaces and avoid the crowds.
We will be celebrating the rescheduled National Bike to Work Day with the 11th annual Breakfast on the Bridge on September 25 from 7-9 AM. This Great Outdoor Weekend, change up your “new normal” commute and bike downtown for a morning of fun. To keep things safe, this year has a new twist: Bring Your Own Breakfast. Coffee will be provided. RSVP on Facebook to stay updated on any last minute changes. Plan to wear a mask and maintain six feet of physical distance from others. There will be plenty of space on the bridge to spread out and talk bikes!
Great Outdoor Week is the perfect excuse to walk, run, or roll on one of our region’s recently completed trails or bikeways:
- Explore one of the new CROWN trails like the recently completed 0.6 mile segment of the Ohio River Trail West in Lower Price Hill, the 2.5 mile Wasson Way trail in Evanston and Hyde Park, or the Little Miami Scenic Trail spur behind Fifty West Brewery in Columbia Township.
- Across the Ohio River, check out the new Riverfront Commons connections to the Taylor Southgate Bridge at Newport on the Levee or meander along the recently expanded Licking River Greenway Trail.
- For more experienced riders, head over to the newly striped bike lanes on Beechmont Avenue and US 52 in Anderson Township.
- Plan a fun day trip out of visiting the Whitewater Canal Trail in Metamora, Indiana.
Plan ahead for your Great Outdoor Week by checking out these resources from Tri-State Trails, Green Umbrella, and our partners.
- Explore our region’s 570+ miles of trails
- Bike Commute Resource Map
- Visit our region’s Greenspace Gems
- Pick up a copy of the new Outdoors for All Guide
- Check out the Mill Creek Watershed Recreation Guide
- View and explore the new Digital Guide to the Ohio River
- Get started on the Campbell County Trails Passport
If you would like to submit a physical event or self-guided adventure to be included in the Great Outdoor Week listing, you can do so here.